IN THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST
CEREC crown technology has revolutionized the process of getting a dental crown. Not only is the process much more comfortable, the digital technology eliminates the guesswork and produces a precisely fitted finished product. CEREC crowns can last 15 to 20 years, or even more with good oral hygiene and regular dental checkups. The ceramic resin used for CEREC crowns looks just like a natural tooth which makes them particularly attractive for teeth that are highly visible.
- Getting a crown took multiple office visits.
- Impressions were made with a gooey impression tray and sent to an outside lab where the crown was made.
- Crowns were made of metal with a thin layer of porcelain on the outside.
- It took two or three weeks for an outside lab to fashion the crown and an ill-fitting temporary crown was required in the meantime.
- Your custom made crown is ready in one visit.
- An intraoral camera takes a precise digital picture and our state-of-the-art CEREC machine mills the crown in the office.
- Your crown is milled from a block of solid tooth-colored ceramic resin.
- Now your permanent crown is fitted, polished and bonded in one visit and you leave our office with a comfortable, natural looking tooth.
SOME USES OF
Crowns are useful in a variety of dental applications. A crown can strengthen a tooth that is worn, chipped, or cracked. A dental crown can be used for cosmetic purposes to cover a discolored, small or misshapen tooth. A crown is necessary after root canal therapy if too much of the tooth has decayed to be restored with a filling. If you have lost one or more teeth, dental implants can be topped with CEREC crowns for a realistic and fully functional restoration. Crowns can also be used to anchor dental bridges.